Sunday, January 15, 2012

**Insight**


Friday we were asked by Utah Bride Blog to provide some insight into who we are. In case you missed it, here it is:

Flower Friday’s are among the favorite’s of many of our readers and why wouldn’t they be? Flowers are simply lovely in general creating a great core for a post every week! You may have already noticed our fantastic 5 preferred florist of 2012  {and if you have not please go check them out in our vendor listing section}. I wanted to take the time this year to introduce you to them more thoroughly with a fun little question answer format. Lately we have published a lot of works created by the talented Amanda @Branches Floral so I thought we would start with her!
Meet Amanda … and one of her lovely bouquets!!! Shot by Rebekah Westover
What brought you into a floral design career? I’ve always had a passion for flowers. When I was a child, you could likely find me in the garden with my grandpa, weeding, pruning and planting. Watching the fruits of our labor grow, was always satisfying and I enjoyed the feelings of happiness the blooms emulated. So naturally after planning my own nuptials, with the help of my talented florist Audrey of Studio Stems, I knew that wedding floral design was something that I wanted to be a part of. I started with my sister-in-laws wedding and from there, my hobby quickly grew into a full time career. I am obsessed with what I do and so thankful that I listened to my instincts when they told me to jump right in.
What inspires you and where do you find inspiration when it’s lacking? Things all around me constantly inspire me. Some of my greatest inspiration comes from color. I enjoy putting together unique palates that inspire new feelings, which in turn inspire ideas. When lacking inspiration, I find myself looking to nature and landscapes to stimulate creativity.
You might remember this loveliness from UBB’s very own fall inspiration shoot, photographed by Gideon Photography.
What do you love most about wedding floral design? The creative freedom allotted to me by my clients.
If you could tell bride’s one piece of advise in regards to wedding florals what would it be?Do your homework and educate yourself on a realistic budget. Many brides come to me not having a clue as to what flowers cost. This is understandable to some extent. But just like buying a car, you do extensive research on your options. You find out which models suit you, their dependability and how much they are going to affect your bottom line. I recommend you also do this with your wedding florist. Researching whose work fits you best, by digging deeper into their policies and procedures, can help give you the guidance needed to make an informed decision that’s best for you. Checking florists website for an investment page, is also a great place to help you gain valuable knowledge into standard pricing and fees.
Tell us a little about yourself … I’m a self-taught designer who is enthralled in what she does. I’ve been married to my soul mate for 4 1/2 years and have two dogs, that I call children, named Zeus and Buster. In my spare time you can find me refinishing furniture or at the lake.
What would you call your own floral style and why? I can’t exactly pin point my exact style. I am constantly evolving and perfecting my technique. I would however say that I am partial to feminine styles with lush blossoms that are often sweetly scented. Various textures and a strong sense of color usually accompany my designs.
Amanda is actually well known for her amazing inspiration design shoots that have received publication credits in both web and print. This one came from her circus inspired shoot and was shot by Opie Foto.
What is your favorite up and coming trend? I am totally loving the ombre trend right now. I love the gradual change in shades from light to dark. A little tricky to pull off but when executed correctly, is absolutely stunning!


Check out the feature here and be sure to leave some comment love.

No comments:

Post a Comment